Friday, September 4, 2009

Kate's Right Hip August 31

We are celebrating! Kate went in for her second hip surgery on August 31 to correct her right hip. Dr. Carroll was completely prepped for surgery, Kate was under and had her IV's going. Dr. Roach and Dr. Carroll injected dye into Kate's hips to examine the position before starting surgery and they found that both hips were in socket!! Kate's right hip went into socket by itself! Kate did not have to have surgery, they casted her to encourage bone growth around the legs and sent her home that same day!

We are so blessed and happy that Kate avoided surgery! What a miracle for our family and more importantly Kate. I know our Heavenly Father is watching over our little family and hears our prayers.

This is the new cast! Very awkward! I thought the first spica cast was bad, I know now it can be worse. bout 28 inches from foot to foot. She is very spread out and her knees are angled to the back!

She is doing great! i think that it helps that she doesn't have any pain to deal with from surgery.



3 comments:

Michelle said...

YAY! Congrats!!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Awesome!!! We are so excited for little Kate! What a blessing not to have to have the second surgery. Yippy!

Larry & Erica Evans said...

yay, I am glad she doesn't and you guys don't have to go through that again. Hw long does she need this cast on?